Golden Cardinals are Catholic University alumni who have graduated 50 or more years ago. The University celebrates our Golden Cardinals with a number of events and programs designed exclusively for them, and often, by them. Alumni are inducted at a special dinner during Cardinal Weekend.
The Golden Cardinals committee, with representatives from each class, meets twice a year to plan gatherings. If you would like to represent your class or participate on the Golden Cardinals committee, please email Office of Alumni Relations at cua-alumni [at] cua.edu or 202-319-5608.
Since the largest number of alumni live in Washington, D.C. area, events generally take place locally. Past events have included an alumni-led tour of the Air and Space Museum, lunch and theater party at Olney Theater in Maryland, a champagne brunch, and performances at the Rome School, including Hartke Theater and Ward Hall.
- Mary Fran Franklin, B.A. 1965, Chair
- Brother Ed Adams, B.A. 1951
- Mary McAlister Burns, B.S.N. 1957
- Margaret Shaw Donahue, B.A. 1955, M.S.L.S. 1976
- Patricia Driscoll, B.A. 1954, M.S.W. 1956
- Straton Laios, B.E.E. 1955
- Jack Looney, B.E.E. 1956
- Peggy Misback, B.A. 1952, M.A. 1955
- Ellen-Jane Pairo, B.A. 1964
- Jane Canter Tseronis, B.A. 1959
- Pat Dillon Watson, B.A. 1958, M.A. 1971
- Tina Frawley Yannerell, B.S.N. 1958