The Parents Council is a group of highly engaged parents who are dedicated to the mission of The Catholic University of America and seek to expand the opportunities available for today’s students. These parent-leaders make a meaningful, direct impact on undergraduate student life.
The Parents Council Mission
Catholic University and the Parents Council share a common goal: to build and sustain an environment of academic excellence, giving every student unfettered access to career guidance and support while providing extraordinary opportunities for research experience and personal growth — ultimately, building their potential to serve Church, nation, and world.
Who Can Join the Parents Council?
The Parents Council is open to all interested parents of current Catholic University undergraduate students. Council members hail from numerous cities and states nationwide.
Each member or parent-couple demonstrates exceptional leadership with an annually renewable contribution to Catholic University of at least $5,000. Make your gift now!
Parents Council Responsibilities
Parents Council members are among our most important ambassadors, representing Catholic University through a variety of community and family outreach activities and special events. Council responsibilities include:
- Become a member with an annual $5,000 gift
- Attend Parents Council meetings (fall and spring) and events
- Host parent events and welcome receptions in your local area
- Welcome new families to the community and mentor new and current parents
- Foster relationships with current and prospective parents
- Facilitate career development for students through internships and placements
- Identify and recruit parents to join the Parents Council
Parents Council Benefits
Parents Council members have an unparalleled opportunity to make a difference for all Catholic University students and families through their volunteer commitment. Council membership provides:
- Active involvement with your child’s school
- Invitations to join University President John Garvey for on- and off-campus events
- Networking opportunities with other parent-leaders
- Access to senior administrators to share ideas and strategic input regarding issues of importance for parents and students
- Regular communication of updates sharing highlights of campus life and upcoming events
- Focused engagement with University leadership on a regular basis
- Recognition of your gift in the annual Honor Roll of donors and benefactors
There are additional opportunities to support and enrich the vibrancy of the academic mission of The Catholic University of America through endowed chairs, endowed scholarships, and campus facilities.
Indicates parents on the Athletics Committee
- Jeannine and B.J. Agugliaro, P ’23, Basking Ridge, N.J.
- Maribeth and Robert Bisienere, P ’23, Celebration, Fla.
- Susan and Phil Calandra, P ’16, Foster City, Calif.
- Anne and Matt Corso, P ’21, Chalfont, Pa.
- Angela Cortesio, P ’24, Parkland, Fla.
- Alleesha and Jeff Davidson, P ’24, Ellicott City, Md.
- Elisa Dearhouse and John Doyle, P ’22, Haddonfield, N.J.
- Robyn and David Diaz, P ’23, Sea Ranch Lakes, Fla.
- Robin and Andrew Diaz, P ’22, Tampa, Fla.
- Katie and Kieran Fallon, P ’22, Leesburg, Va.
- Donna and Steve Fanelli, P ’22, West Chester, Pa.
- Laura and Ivan Garcia, P ’21, Owings Mills, Md.
- Suzanne and David Gaudreau, P ’21, Sherwood Forest, Md.
- Frances and Brian Giessuebel, P ’23, Orlando, Fla.
- Nancy, B.A. 1993, and Jason, B.A. 1992, Gosselin P ’20, Downingtown, Pa.
- Fiona and Paul Hanlon, P '24, East Greenwich, Conn.
- Juli and Brian Jeffrey, P ’24, Tampa, Fla.
- Lisa and Juan Jones, P ’20, Alamo, Calif.
- Lisa Landry and Wendell Hollier, P ’22, P ’23, Richmond, Va.
- Tricia and A.J. Hyland, P ’24, Broadview Heights, Ohio
- Katie and Todd Long, P ’23, Carlisle, Pa.
- Christina and Brian Mahoubi, P ’21, P ’24, Potomac, Md.
- Becky and Mike Mascolo, P ’16, P ’20, P ’23, Morristown, N.J.
- Karen and Mario Mastrantoni, P ’22, Charlotte, N.C.
- Mary, J.D. 1993, and Greg, J.D. 1992, McShea, P ’22, West Chester, Pa.
- Cathy Morton and Don Dion, P ’20, Naples. Fla.
- Andrea and John Murphy, P ’21, P ’21, Rockville Centre, N.Y.
- Tracy and Steve Phillips, P ’23, Glenmoore, Pa.
- Mary and Randy Reardon, P ’21, New Hope, Pa.
- Andrea and John Roesser, P ’22, Wilmington, Del.
- Sandra and Brian Rogers, P ’23, Manassas, Va.
- Maria and Steve Rousseau, P ’22, Muncie, Ind.
- Eileen and Jim Rullo, P ’20, Portsmouth, N.H.
- Linda Ives and Philip Rymiszewski, P ’22, West Chester, Pa.
- Christine and Randy Scott, P ’22, Ocala, Fla.
- Tammy and Jim Shields, P ’22, P ’22, West Chester, Pa.
- Kathleen and Mark Snashall, P ’24, La Canada Flintridge, Calif.
- Marsha Pearcy and Kim Sperduto, P ’22, Washington, D.C.
- Julia and Michael Tiufekchiev, P ’22, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Christy, B.A. 1992, and Chuck Van Horn, P ’24, Atlanta, Ga.
- Deb and Brian Walsh, P, ’20, Melrose, Mass.
- Sharon and Waide Weaver, P ’22, Tampa, Fla.
- Melanie and Kennard “Keino” Williams, P ’24, Loveland, Ohio