The Student Philanthropy Council (SPC) creates a culture of philanthropy among the Catholic University community.
- Are you passionate about improving the Catholic University experience?
- Do you want to learn more about philanthropy and fundraising?
- Do you twitch with excitement at the prospect of networking with Catholic University alumni, faculty, staff, and your student peers?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should apply to join SPC!
As part of our annual giving team, SPC manages the Senior Class Gift, promotes giving challenges like Giving Tuesday and The Founders Day Giving Challenge, and engages the entire Catholic University community at events.
- Networking: Connect with prominent alumni and donors of the University
- Fundraising: Become adept at soliciting for gifts, particularly with faculty, staff, and fellow students
- Marketing: Create and execute marketing plans
- Event planning: Help plan, set up, and execute high-level events for alumni and donors
- Leadership: Serve as the leader for some projects
- Teamwork: Collaborate with University Advancement staff and fellow SPC members
- Have a GPA of at least a 2.5
- Volunteer for one office hour per week
- Make membership a high priority with respect to your time and effort
- Exhibit strong public speaking and interpersonal skills to converse with alumni, donors, and friends of the University
- Help with events such as The Founders Day Giving Challenge, Athletics Hall of Fame, Senior Week, and more
- Have a passion for or develop a passion for philanthropy and developing an awareness of campus
- Emily Dombrowski, Class of 2022
- Scott Mckinnon, Class of 2022
- Madeleine Naleski, Class of 2023
- Kelsey Nowack, Class of 2022
- Mari-Nicole Rosales, Class of 2021
- Ethan Stickler, Class of 2022
Students create bonds with 1887 Society membersSeptember 13, 2021
Class of 2020 Impact Scholarship: A dream becomes a realityJune 24, 2020
The Class of 2020 wanted to approach the tradition of the senior class gift in a different way. When considering their options, the students said they wanted to feel they were making a specific impact on Catholic University — and so they chose to raise
Student Philanthropy Council hosts virtual events for studentsApril 23, 2020
The Student Philanthropic Council (SPC) announces two weeks of virtual events for students to end the 2019-2020 academic year. Some are serious, and some are silly. But all of them will keep students connected to the Catholic University community so they can finish the year