The Student Philanthropy Council (SPC) creates a culture of philanthropy among the Catholic University community.
- Are you passionate about improving the Catholic University experience?
- Do you want to learn more about philanthropy and fundraising?
- Do you twitch with excitement by the prospect of networking with Catholic University alumni, faculty, staff, and your student peers?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should apply to join SPC!
As part of our annual giving team, SPC manages the Senior Class Gift, promotes the giving challenges like Giving Tuesday and The Founders Day Giving Challenge, and engages the entire Catholic University community at events.
- Networking: Connect with prominent alumni and donors of the University
- Fundraising: Become adept at soliciting for gifts, particularly with faculty, staff, and fellow students
- Marketing: Create and execute marketing plans
- Event planning: Help plan, set up, and execute high-level events for alumni and donors
- Leadership: Serve as the leader for some projects
- Teamwork: Collaborate with University Advancement staff and fellow SPC members
- Have a GPA of at least a 2.5
- Volunteer for one office hour per week
- Make membership a high priority with respect to their time and effort
- Exhibit strong public speaking and interpersonal skills to converse with alumni, donors, and friends of the University
- Help with events such as The Founders Day Giving Challenge, Athletics Hall of Fame, Senior Week, and more
- Have a passion for or to develop a passion for philanthropy and developing an awareness of campus
- Elizabeth Bishop, Class of 2022
- Curtis Bommer, Class of 2023
- Michela Caffrey, Class of 2020
- Sarah Diamond, Class of 2020
- Emily Dombrowski, Class of 2022
- Olivia Gupta, Class of 2023
- Christine Kirmsse, Class of 2020
- Scott Mckinnon, Class of 2022
- Madeleine Naleski, Class of 2023
- Kelsey Nowack, Class of 2022
- Nick Procino, Class of 2020
- Ethan Stickler, Class of 2022