The Student Philanthropy Council (SPC) creates a culture of philanthropy among the Catholic University community.
- Are you passionate about improving the Catholic University experience?
- Do you want to learn more about philanthropy and fundraising?
- Do you twitch with excitement at the prospect of networking with Catholic University alumni, faculty, staff, and your student peers?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should apply to join SPC!
As part of our annual giving team, SPC manages the Senior Class Gift, promotes giving challenges like Giving Tuesday and The Founders Day Giving Challenge, and engages the entire Catholic University community at events.
- Networking: Connect with prominent alumni and donors of the University
- Fundraising: Become adept at soliciting for gifts, particularly with faculty, staff, and fellow students
- Marketing: Create and execute marketing plans
- Event planning: Help plan, set up, and execute high-level events for alumni and donors
- Leadership: Serve as the leader for some projects
- Teamwork: Collaborate with University Advancement staff and fellow SPC members
- Have a GPA of at least a 2.5
- Volunteer for one office hour per week
- Make membership a high priority with respect to your time and effort
- Exhibit strong public speaking and interpersonal skills to converse with alumni, donors, and friends of the University
- Help with events such as The Founders Day Giving Challenge, Athletics Hall of Fame, Senior Week, and more
- Have a passion for or develop a passion for philanthropy and developing an awareness of campus
- Sadie Abood, Class of 2024
- Ryan Eells, Class of 2024
- Cleo Kirila, Class of 2024
- Patty Kwiatek, Class of 2023
- Ann Laurent, Class of 2024
- Ellen Lee, Class of 2022
- Nic Scalzo, Class of 2023
Serving on the Student Philanthropy Council
Liz Friden, B.A. 2018, former alumni/advancement liaison for the Student Philanthropy Council (SPC), joined the group as a student because she was “looking for different ways to get involved” at Catholic University.
Formed at the beginning of the 2017-2018 academic year, SPC helps