The Washington Nationals have won the National League pennant and are heading to the World Series! By now, you know the heartbreak the city felt when Bryce Harper left the team; you’ve celebrated Ryan Zimmerman’s 15-season commitment to the young Nationals franchise; and you’ve cheered as the team swept the St. Louis Cardinals in the National League Championship, earning the franchise’s first World Series appearance.
Today, we recognize our alumni, parents, parents who are members of this pennant-winning franchise. You may not see them on the field, but they work behind the scenes to energize the fans, maintain the facilities, and help the team play at its best:
- Fr. Quinn Conners, O.Carm., Theology and Religious Studies, Team Chaplain
- Arthur Fuccillo, J.D. 1978, P. 2016, Minority Owner
- John Grills, B.S. 1982, Guest Services Representative
- R.J. Guyer, Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Hussein Heshmat, B.A. 2010, Guest Services Representative
- Kevin Kelley, B.S.B.A. 2013, Manager of Events
- Pat May, J.D. 1978, Senior Counsel (with Lerner Enterprises)
- Rev. Msgr. Stephen Rossetti, D.Min., Theology and Religious Studies, Team Chaplain
Congratulations to the Washington Nationals and to our alumni, parents, and faculty who are valuable parts of this incredible franchise!
Did we miss anyone? Let us know if you’re aware of any other alumni, parents, and faculty who work for the Nationals: cua-alumni [at] cua.edu.
Photo (left-right): Kevin Kelly, B.S.B.A. 2013, and Bobby Picardo, B.A. 2009, associate head coach of Catholic University Baseball.