With the 1887 Society, we welcome a new and powerful tradition to recognize annual fund donors at The Catholic University of America! Leadership annual donors — 1887 Society members — provide much-needed support to enhance the student experience and drive the mission of the University forward.
All members leave a remarkable impact on students and enjoy a variety of benefits and behind-the-scenes access to the University.
You make a difference
Contributions from Society members represent nearly half of the annual revenue for The Fund for Catholic University. These gifts provide flexible resources to support the immediate needs of the University.
“Helping deserving young men and women achieve their dream of a college education is a mission for our family. This investment in young adults has rewarded us with a deep sense of satisfaction as we witness their personal growth and see their dreams being realized. Now, given the extra burdens placed on students and their families, we feel an increased urgency to help in any way we can.”Eileen and Jim Rullo, P ’20, 1887 Society co-chairs
Funding is essential and most recently has…
- Supported scholarships: Additional support has been provided to students in need
- Eliminated fees: The undergraduate application fee has been eliminated, which has increased access to a Catholic University education and helped the University attract the best and brightest minds
- Invested in the academic and career support: The Center for Academic and Career Success has been able to hire three additional full-time academic advisors and a dedicated graduate and alumni career advisor
- Enhanced veteran and military support: The Veterans Initiative has been made a reality, enhancing support for students who are veterans or active-duty military
- Improved academics and athletics: Students have enjoyed improvements to academic and athletic programs
Join the community
Take your place among Catholic University’s philanthropic leaders by making an annual fund gift at one of the following levels:
- Fellow: $20,000
- Associate: $10,000
- Member: $5,000
- Young Alumni Leader: $2,500*
*Graduates of the last 10 years
Enroll today by making your contribution!
From June 4 to 6, 2021, our community gathered in Washington, D.C., for the inaugural 1887 Society Weekend. We invite everyone in the 1887 Society to join us for this new, annual event.