The Catholic University of America Alumni Association is seeking to fill at-large positions on our Board of Directors. These new members will help foster connections among alumni, current students, and the greater Catholic University community. The Board of Directors serves the University in a wide range of ways, including building Cardinal pride, sharing good news about the University, and encouraging prospective students to select Catholic University.
As the board represents our broader alumni community, we encourage nominations from all ethnicities, genders, graduation years, geographic regions, degrees, and industries.
An individual interested in joining the Board of Directors may be self-nominated or nominated by a third party. We encourage all interested alumni to apply via our online form.
Each nomination should be completed on or before February 15, 2023. Forms that are not completed in full prior to the deadline will not be eligible for consideration by the Nominations Committee.
The Nominations Committee will report a slate of candidates to the Board of Directors as soon as reasonably possible after its work is completed. All candidates will be notified of whether or not they have been selected by the Nominating Committee to stand for election.
Board of Directors Criteria and Expectations
- Any former student who has received an earned degree from the University and any former student in good standing enrolled for at least two consecutive semesters is eligible for nomination.
- Board members serve a two-year term and may serve up to three consecutive two-year terms.
- Board members are expected to attend the Board's meetings.
- Serve on at least one Board committee.
- Donate to the University's fundraising goals annually.
- Serve as an ambassador, acting on behalf of both alumni and the university.
- Attend at least one signature (non-athletic) university or alumni association event a year.
- Serve as a CUA Champion, promoting the university to prospective students and their families.
- Actively recruit fellow alumni to attend programming.
- Encourage alumni and friends to volunteer and/or make a gift to the University.
If you have any questions, please contact Chris Johnson at johnsoncp [at] cua.edu (johnsoncp[at]cua[dot]edu).
Published on: Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Tags: Alumni Association Board of Governors