The Catholic University of America Alumni Association is seeking to fill at-large positions on our Board of Directors. The Board of Directors builds Cardinal pride, shares good news about CatholicU, encourages prospective students, and serves the University in a variety of other ways. New members will play a crucial role in fostering connections among alumni, current students, and the greater Catholic University community.
An individual interested in joining the Board of Directors may be self-nominated or nominated by a third party. We encourage interested alumni to apply via our online form.
Each nomination should be completed on or before February 1, 2024. Forms that are not completed in full prior to the deadline will not be eligible for consideration by the Nominations Committee.
The Nominations Committee will report a slate of candidates to the Board of Directors as soon as reasonably possible after its work is completed. All candidates will be notified of whether or not they have been selected by the Nominating Committee to stand for election.
Board of Directors Criteria and Expectations
- Any former student who has received an earned degree from the University and any former student in good standing enrolled for at least two consecutive semesters is eligible for nomination.
- Board members serve a two-year term and may serve up to three consecutive two-year terms.
- Board members are expected to attend the Board's meetings.
- Serve on at least one Board committee.
- Donate to the University's fundraising goals annually with at least contributions totaling $1,000.
- Serve as an ambassador, acting on behalf of both alumni and the university.
- Attend at least one signature (non-athletic) university or alumni association event a year.
- Serve as a Catholic University Champion, promoting the university to prospective students and their families.
- Actively recruit fellow alumni to attend programming.
- Encourage alumni and friends to volunteer and/or make a gift to the University.
If you have any questions, please contact Chris Johnson at johnsoncp [at] cua.edu (johnsoncp[at]cua[dot]edu).
Published on: Thursday, December 7, 2023
Tags: Alumni Association Board of Governors, Alumni Association