Certain states require written disclosures for nonprofit organizations soliciting contributions. Individual state disclosures are below.
- Maryland: For the cost of copies and postage, from the Office of the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401.
- Nevada: Contributions may be tax deductible pursuant to the provisions of sec. 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, 26 U.S.C. Ī170(c).
- New York: Upon request, from the Attorney General Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.
- Washington: From the Secretary of State at 1-800-332-4483 or http://www.sos.wa.gov/charities/
- Wisconsin: A financial statement of the charitable organization disclosing assets, liabilities, fund balances, revenue and expenses for the preceding fiscal year will be provided to any person upon request.
REGISTRATION WITH A STATE AGENCY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THAT STATE.